Saturday 26 December 2009

The town of Books



Well, winter has set in hard this week, we have had a hint of a white Christmas but it didn't last....only the black ice did! My partner and I took a drive to see family in Hereford and stopped off at the town of books (Hay-on-Wye) on the way to continue my hunt for appropriately cheap and old-looking books for the clock project.


There were some lovely books in the marquee but they were REALLY expensive!!! I think I'll stick with the 25p each or 5 for £1 Salvation Army shop in Carmarthen!!!


The honesty bookshop at the castle wasn't bad but the frost had stuck most of them together...


I really liked some more books in another shop but they were over £12 each!!! I really think my 15 books for £3 at the charity shop back in Carmarthen was an absolute STEAL compared to these!!! I got so many books that are PERFECT for making into clocks...I have 2 old copies of Pride and prejudice and a really pretty copy of Wuthering Heights with gold inlay writing!
The first book I made into a clock though, was this really old Welsh Hymn book- it looks so vintage!




I'm off to enjoy my birthday cake and finish reading one of my birthday presents!....happy boxing day everyone
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment