Sunday 20 December 2009

Laser-Cut Acrylic Rings

While stocking up my stand at the Aberystwyth Christmas Craft Fair the other day, I noticed these quirky 'Soop-Group' rings in the gift shop. I really wanted some but they were a bit too pricey for my purse (pre-university bursary). If I didn't have to spend my crucial pennies on petrol, I would have bought some (£6 per ring), but as I needed to get home a little more than I needed accessories, I decided to have a go myself with the scraps of acrylic at school...(they were only going to be thrown out until I decided to start using them for smaller projects)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/soop
These were the originals that inspired me- you can buy them in their etsy shop, this one is part of the 'enchanted forest' range.

Okay so, before we go ahead, let me put a little disclaimer...these designs are in NO WAY my idea, nor am I 'ripping them off' to make a profit, I have merely made some for my own amusement from FREE scraps as I couldn't afford to buy myself some, they are for self-indulgence purposes ONLY. All credit for the design goes to The Soop Group....although I have seen this done with silver rings somewhere before and I can't, for the life of me, remember who made them!




The ones on the far right are the same as the ones I wanted to buy and the three designs on the left are my own. Two of them are enchanted castles and the middle one is an Alice-in-Wonderland tea party theme, with a jug, teapot and teacup.

I want to try some bracelet/Napkin Ring versions to brighten up my dinner table...maybe after christmas, I have some cool design ideas in mind....

Keep Crafting! xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment