Friday 4 October 2013

Woolly Wonders on a Wet Day

Recently I have been 'playing' with felting dreadlocks for my Halloween costume, and started to try out making 'Bangles' as well after wanting to try it for ages.  I had this idea of making them in a woodland theme and then needle-felting toadstools onto them.  I'm really pleased with the outcome and I have loads of ideas for more, I'm not sure if I can bring myself to part with these first ones though as I like them so much!




While I was photographing my Bangles, I found a lovely tree covered in fungi, I hope to get some better pictures when the day is less overcast, but for now, here are a few nice ones...


Now, after having such a creative week, I have decided to write a book, I don't quite know the specifics of it all yet but I know it will be a craft book with projects made in wool.  I need to do a lot of background research first to make sure nobody has already done what I want to do...but it's an exciting project and I will update later on when I have thought the logistics of it through.  The bangles will be made available for sale at my place of work once I can get hold of a lockable glass jewellery cabinet.  I will also put some on folksy and etsy once I have enough stock.  Now back to felting.......TTFN x H

No comments:

Post a Comment