Monday 7 October 2013

Magical Mushrooms and Fishies

Following on from my recent post about felt bangles, I taught a feltmaking course on Saturday October 5th and came up with the idea of making brooches as well (I added the idea as a last-minute part of the course and it went really well), this is one that I made while my two students were working on theirs.


This was taken before I added the brooch pin and blanket-stitched the edges to finish it.

I also used the nice weather this weekend to take more photographs of the tree covered in mushrooms (or toadstools?) As it was overcast the last time I tried, a lot of my images were too dark or blurred.  I'm hoping to use these as inspiration for some 3D felted mushrooms in the future (and possibly as part of the book I am working on)









I am getting quite excited about the book idea now and planning which projects I want to put it in.  I have come up with a rough title after searching to see if I could find anything similar (nothing as yet!),
" Woodland Escapades in Wool"
I can see that there is going to be a lot of work involved but I can take my own photographs and an looking at some of my favourite books to help me with the format and layout.  I have just started some new felt necklaces to go alongside the bangle sets and will have photographs ready once I have decided what fixtures and fittings to use etc. (I'm leaning towards silver/ silver plated as I personally am not a big fan of gold)

Apologies if my blogs become a little disjointed and not very interesting to read- they are more a place for me to log down my thoughts at the moment than an entertaining craft blog- I'm hoping to save that for the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment