Sunday 19 May 2013

Baa Baa....

So I have been planting lots of things over the past few weeks, starting with dye plants indoors and 
vegetables outdoors.....


My Madder is finally starting to break through!


Veggies


Radishes!


Weld, Coreopsis and Chamomile...

I am really looking forward to being able to use the dye plants/ eat my veggies as I have never had a successful garden of my own before!

As well as all of the greenery going on I have also been acquiring new books again....as if my library isn't full already!

his encyclopedia of superstition was in the bookshop down the road from my house and makes for some very interesting reading!

I would also like to take this opportunity to introduce my new (and very unexpected!) pet - Frodo!
I went to collect two lambs from a friend, as we wanted some more bottle-fed lambs at work to go in the animal park over wool week (more info on this coming up!) and this little guy would have been left on his own, so I decided (which took all of 2 milliseconds) to have him as well.  And as work only wanted the two, I very quickly decided to have the third lamb as my own (and that I should call him Frodo)

All of the way home I was thinking 'oh hell what is my husband going to say'...
Needless to say he has now fallen in love with the little critter, as have I.  He is 8 weeks old, but the size of a 1 week old lamb.  He eats and drinks and does his business just fine, but he is a little slow.

He has started getting more active every day and really likes going out in the garden (which I have a holding number for) in the sun and munching on the newly cut grass (which is still pretty dead at the moment).
We even managed to save some pennies on bedding by using the cut grass- which he seems to love!

Here are some cute photos of little Frodo enjoying the sun, and exploring....all together now 'aaaahhhhwwwww'.........





Watch this space for more updates on my cute little pal...as well as some exciting woolly fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment