Sunday 19 May 2013

Gower Wool Week Prep

 In preparing for the upcoming FIRST EVER 'Gower Wool week' I needed to take some photographs for the newspaper advert etc so decided that Arthur and Merlin could earn their keep a little and POSE!


Merlin inspecting my wool....




Arthur looking very bored....

Adorable pair that they are, they are most definitely getting very heavy now!!!

As well as preparing wool etc for the wool week, I have been experimenting with spinning art yarns, without any tuition!


I am quite pleased with how this has turned out.  The wool used was a batt I bought and had carded while at Wonderwool Wales in April.  The Ravelry stand had a brilliant setup to raise money for the Air Ambulance where you could pick your coloured top and scraps etc and have them carded into a nice big batt.  I typically chose greens, with a small amount of pink....

I am enjoying the process of making art yarns, hopefully I will get some time to spin some more really soon (once wool week is over and done with!)

Enough dilly-dallying, back to preparing for the big event! (WHY did I think it was clever to try and run an event all by myself?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment