Saturday 1 June 2013

Garlic Foraging

So the wild garlic is in full bloom where I work....and there is just so much of it!  Driving down the road with the window open results in a very strong waft of garlic air every time!
As I have been going to work really (REALLY) early every day this week (for Gower Wool Week), I took the opportunity on Tuesday morning to stop for some photographs, this generally involved scrambling up a stone wall and getting knee-deep in garlic and bluebells, still wet with morning dew....


The view up the road from the Gower Inn


Bluebells!



Lots and lots of Garlic!



AND MUSHROOMS!

And now on a completely separate note, I am running an 'upcycled clothing' workshop on the Sunday of Gower Wool Week and I have just been to the charity shop to get enough garments to make wristwarmers and hats!  There was a lot there so I bought pretty much everything that could be used! And now I have a rainbow!


I have also been experimenting with some of the ryeland fleece I have been dyeing with acid milling dyes at home.  Most of it has ended up carded as batts ready for spinning, but I have not spun any before now to see what it is like.  On Tuesday I spun some really random batts up and then plied them with coloured grey ryeland (as Self-plying was going to be OTT and I was too impatient to wait and find something else)
I really like how the yarn has turned out...more pictures later of what I decide to do with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment